To help decide what is the best fit for you or your child, listed are answers to commonly asked questions. Of course, you can always ask a question not listed by clicking HERE:
- My child has no experience. Is that okay? Absolutely! I welcome beginners.
- What ages do you accept? Ages 5yrs and up. Seniors are welcome! Please ask about our senior discount.
- I noticed the Background Check Badge. What does that mean? Student safety is priority. This means I have been background checked and verified of the following for your peace of mind:
- Identity Verification
- National Criminal Record Database Search
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- State of CA Dept of Education's Mandated Reporter School Personnel Training
- Why are lessons 45 minutes and not 30 or 60 minutes? This is a GREAT question. I personally feel that 30 minute lessons are not long enough for most students*. By the time you get out the violin to tune or take out your music to sit down at the piano, you are already 5 minutes into the lesson, with 5 minutes at the end reserved for going over the coming week's assignment. This leaves just 20 minutes of real lesson time. Sixty minutes can be tiresome and lengthy but 45 minutes seems to be the perfect amount of time to accomplish everything needed to be done and still feel refreshed at the end of the lesson.
- Your rates seem to be a little more than the average music studio lessons. Why?
- Lesson packages at studios are usually only 30 minutes in length making the rates seem more affordable. My lessons are 45 minutes.
- Many lessons that cost less are by less experienced instructors. Now imagine learning from me, a featured musician by Willie Nelson and other notable artists. The knowledge and experience I bring to your lessons is priceless.
- Do you come to our home or do I come to you? Lessons are conveniently located in my south Oceanside location.
- What is the "Spring Special"? Please click HERE for the "Spring Special".
- Will you help with preparing for auditions? I have a LOT of experience with auditioning and I absolutely welcome students preparing for their upcoming auditions.
- I don't want to study classical music. Is that okay? Of course! Though keep in mind there are always basics you need to learn first, but if you come to me with a song in mind, we will make that the goal of your lessons.
- Do I or my child have to have our own instrument? Students are required to have their own violin or piano/keyboard. However, if you do not have an instrument yet, I am happy to assist in acquiring one.
- You've performed all over the world and with some big name artists! Why are you teaching now? Yes, I am so very fortunate to have had such an amazingly full musical life. But now it's time to share my knowledge with others so they may start their own musical journeys!
- What methods of payment do you accept? Cash, check, Venmo, direct deposit and credit cards.
© 2018 Argenti Music Lessons